(1957 - 1959)
The elegant Drophead Coupe Mark III was offered alongside the regular saloon. It was the final example of a convertible in the Feltham line of cars although coachwork was by Tickfords in Newport Pagnell. In 1959 the drop head was deleted from the range and it would be more than two years before Aston Martin offered a soft top car in the form of the DB4 convertible.
During the two year production run of the Mark III, 551 examples of all deriratives were built, yet only 84 were dropheads. A majority of these drop heads were built with the standard fit 3 litre DBA engine with twin SU carburettors offering 162 bhp. Fourteen cars had the more powerful DBD triple SU carburettor unit with 180 bhp, and just two had the most powerful DBB special series engine (195bhp) with triple Webers instead of the SU’s. Thus the DB Mark III drophead coupes with either the DBD or DBB engines are amongst the most desirable of the Feltham era cars.