The car pictured on this page is one of two Grand Prix Team cars (TT1 and TT2) built for Count Zborowski to compete in the 1922 Isle of Man TT (although they were not ready in time) and subsequently, the French GP in Strasbourg. It is one of the oldest surviving racing Aston Martins and thankfully is still actively used on the track to this day. Originally featuring a engine with twin camshafts and 16 valves, the car is now fitted with the Benson Twin Cam engine. This was designed by The Hon. John Benson as a new power unit for the cars just before Bamford and Martin called in the receivers in 1925.
Pictured below is chassis 1934, especially built for Captain George Eyston which he entered the JCC 200 mile race at Brooklands where he finished 3rd and the BARC Whitsun race where he finished 1st. The next year, he entered the first British Grand Prix at Brooklands although the car retired with a broken fuel pump. Chassis 1934 has just completed a restoration and was shown at the Kensington Palace Centenary Celebrations and the 2013 Concours d’Elegence at Pebble Beach.
Lionel Martin probably concentrated too much effort on racing and not sufficient on the production of Aston Martins. A total of perhaps only 61 cars were built during this era made up of 7 team cars and 54 production cars, insufficient to save the company until the receiver came in 1925 and the demise of Aston Martin looked certain; the first of many such occasions.