The totally delightful 4 seater side valve tourer in red, chassis 1949, was unveiled following an extensive and sympathetic restoration the the AMOC Spring Concourse at Blenheim Palace in May 2006. Needless to say, the car took a well deserved 1st place in the pre-war class. Since the back seat can only be accessed from a door on the left, this was perhaps the first and only true 3 door Aston.
These early cars all had the same four cylinder 1486 cc side valve engine with what at the time would have been a heady power output of 38 bhp allowing for a top speed in the region of 77 mph. The price in 1923 with this 4 seater touring coachwork was £725, quite a considerable sum for such a car at the time.